BMI SYSTEM was proud Executive Sponsor, exhibitor and moderator of the 4th annual Transparency Reporting Congress which took place in London, UK, the 8 and 9 April 2014.
This event provided a unique platform designed to comply with nation-specific and regional HCP spend codes.
Guidelines regulating the disclosure of HCP spend are rapidly developing across the globe, including association codes that span across borders. Although laws are not in place in each country, the global nature of the bio/pharmaceutical and medical device industries mandates that companies meet these transparency requirements with total preparedness. This event provided companies with an understanding on guidelines, ensuring effective reporting, and improving organizational transparency processes.
Major highlights from this event:
1. BMI SYSTEM jointly presented with a major pharmaceutical company the following subject: The EFPIA Disclosure and national Requirements – how to implement a Global 2 Local (G2L) International IT System. The workshop focused on the following:
• Discuss view points on how to develop and implement a single global/local EFPIA transparency solution.
• Understand from real examples how to manage international/cross-borders events
• Gain an understanding on the corporate IT integration and critical issues to address in order to develop and implement a global/local solution
Synopsis of the presentation:
“ By 2016, European pharmaceutical companies will have to publicly disclose the monetary value of any financial sponsorship and other significant indirect support provided to patient, healthcare professionals and organizations. With these critical issues in mind, this panel will be discussing these significant legal developments and providing some examples of such requirements in some European countries. In addition, this panel debates the important points on how to implement an EFPIA disclosure solution within an international environment.“
2. We had the privilege of meeting and discussing with a large number of companies the various transparency reporting pain points and how BMI SYSTEM could help alleviate these pains from a software solution point of view.
3. Some of the other subjects discussed during this event were:
• EFPIA Disclosure Code — The Current Environment and Future Direction
• Strategies for Global Enterprise
• Transparency – The Pros and Cons
• A Tour of Various National Reporting Mandates
• Determine the True Financial Value of a Transaction
Some of the companies having participated at this event : GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer Pharma AG, Eli Lilly & Co, Allergan, Shire, Daiichi Sankyo Europe Gmbh, Novartis Pharma AG, Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, Medtronic International Trading Sarl, Johnson & Johnson, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co KG, Bristol Myers Squibb, Novo Nordisk A S, ABPI, Baxter International, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Chugai Pharma UK Ltd, Sanofi Aventis