BMI SYSTEM exhibited at the 7th Annual East Coast Forum on Sunshine and Aggregate Spend, which took place on the 19th to the 21st of August in Washington, DC.
The company joined forces with the IBM USA Life Science team to present a joint solution that combines BMI SYSTEM’s software solution known as NAYA GRC with IBM’s Cognos. This event was a major success for BMI SYSTEM as Francis Geysermans, CTO of BMI SYSTEM pointed out, “The forum provided us with a major opportunity to present our solutions for local and global compliance and to address regulation and transparency solutions. It was also an excellent occasion to spread the word about our company and gain valuable insight into the needs of potential customers.”
This forum is the largest US pharmaceutical event and gathered around four hundred pharmaceutical companies to discuss topics such as “transparency laws, regulations and industry codes of conduct”. The event emphasized how, as these topics become more prevalent throughout the world, “companies should ensure that their US Sunshine processes and systems are able to be scaled up to meet the demands and nuances of global spend capture and reporting” (Source: 7th Sunshine & Aggregate spend Forum).
Topics discussed during the event
- Ways to leverage solutions and processes outside of the US when they are being built for Sunshine compliance
- Long-term solutions that are adaptable and do not need to be reinvented or have special tools built for similar efforts in the future
- Moving beyond US-centric terms and definitions, such as developing a global unique identifier (instead of using the NPI as the customer master)
- How processes and systems may be rolled out to locations where there might not be an awareness or full understanding of US Sunshine rules
- On-boarding global teams to capture data now, regardless of whether there are reporting requirements currently in that location
- Focusing on the real goals of aggregate spend tracking
- Creating awareness of sunshine disclosure among physicians and patients
- Ensure data integrity while configuring to meet the requirements of the various reporting entities
(Source: 7th Sunshine & Aggregate spend Forum)
This event was a good opportunity for BMI SYSTEM to meet with US teams of major international pharmaceutical companies, some of which BMI SYSTEM is already working with in Europe.
BMI SYSTEM took advantage of the event to build partnerships, first with an American consulting group who will help BMI SYSTEM to deliver a joint solution to customers in the USA, then with an American software editor around a joint cross-international agreement in terms of pre-event planning and Fair Market Value.
Moreover, the presentation of BMI SYSTEM’s white paper entitled Transparency & Public Disclosure – A comparative study of the US and European regulations, written by Laurent Clerc, Regulatory affairs expert at BMI SYSTEM, and Michael Louks, Lawyer at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, was a major success.
The 7th Annual East Coast Forum on Sunshine and Aggregate Spend enabled BMI SYSTEM to increase its brand image in the US market. Many US representatives of pharmaceutical companies using NAYA GRC in Europe were interested in BMI SYSTEM’s software solutions.
US based pharmaceutical companies were also curious to discover BMI SYSTEM’s software solutions.
Finally, the prospect of new strategic alliances with American healthcare actors will continue to develop BMI SYSTEM’s presence in the United States and build tailor-made solutions for the US pharmaceutical industry.
BMI SYSTEM is a software design company dedicated to regulatory compliance for the healthcare industry.
Through the creation of bespoke solutions for a wide range of companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device and cosmetic industries, BMI SYSTEM has become the leader in the development of software dedicated to transparency and regulatory compliance.
The team, based in Paris, London, Brussels and Boston, has been built using a strong expertise in global healthcare regulations, software architecture and design, quality assurance and healthcare project management.